Monday, May 10, 2010

Retreat Time



I have not written for awhile due to a well needed rest up in Big Sur. During my time I was able to focus on my yoga practice, step away from teaching, and step into the space that Big Sur provides. Every time I set my planner down, leave my cell phone and computer and drive away, the questions and worries that swirl around in my head lose their power. In the space good ideas take the spotlight.

While up there soaking in sulfer hot springs and in my thoughts I decided it was time to share my latest project with everyone. For the past year I have been brainstorming with my good friend, student, and partner Ally Lopez Eckert. This fall Ally and I will be opening a yoga retreat center on the North Shore of Kauai. The picture above is sunset from the back porch of the house we will be using for the retreat center... It is a unique and beautiful location with all the healing energy of the North Shore. I will have more information and plenty of pictures in a few months!

Until then, whether it's somewhere local where we can turn off the noise of our day to day routine, or a far off tropical paradise, I hope we can all plan a little personal retreat for ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah this site is just amazing! I am so proud of you for doing it. My heart is beaming for you right now! And PS i completely want to come to your retreat center in Kauai.......ahhhhh so amazing. SO PROUD! Love, alicia albright

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a beautiful location and the house will be perfect. Both of you girls are amazing!
    Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are amazing, Sarah. I have been looking for a good place to do a retreat in Kauai for several years. I want to come do one there. It looks beautiful.

    Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love you to! We are hoping to start it up in October. I will let you know more as it all unfolds. xo

    ReplyDelete